Our research activities are guided by belief that key future scientific breakthroughs will come along the interdisciplinary interface between social and computational sciences. Our work cheifly relies on computational modeling, simulation and analysis in fields ranging from natural and data sciences to social and business sciences. Our infrastructure includes a High Performance Computer.
Our strong project orientation is reflected in 70% of our budget coming from research funding. We presently run over 30 financed projects. Below listed are projects with funding over 100,000 EUR:
- 2013-2015 “Creative Core: Simulations”. EU and European regional development fund 999,000 EUR.
- 2012-2015 “Development of a quality system at FIS”. EU and Slovenian Ministry of Science 243,000 EUR.
- 2013-2016 “Unraveling Biological Networks”. Slovenian research agency 120,000 EUR (total consortium funding 150,000 EUR).
- 2015-2019 “Complex Oscillatory Systems: Modeling and Analysis”. H2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie 235,000 EUR (total consortium funding 3,879,000 EUR).
- 2017-2019 “High-performance Computing for Effective Innovation in the Danube Region (innoHPC)”. Interreg DTP 365,000 EUR (total consortium funding 2,000,000 EUR)
- 2014-2020 “Online support for development of project proposals - S4P”. Slovenian research agency 300,000 EUR.
- 2017-2020 “Understanding immigration and integration through interdisciplinary models of social dynamics”. Slovenian research agency 230,000 EUR (total consortium funding 300,000 EUR)
- 2017-2020 “Enabling SMEs to gain competitive advantage from the use of HPC (SME/HPC)”. ERASMUS+ 150,000 EUR
- 2017-2020 “Technology and Innovations in Regional Development for Europe 2020 (TIR2020)”. ERASMUS+ Jean Monnet Center of excellence 120,000 EUR
- 2013-2021 “Complex Networks”. Slovenian research agency 900,000 EUR
- 2018-2021 “Fostering Innovation in the Danube Region through Knowledge Engineering and IPR Management (KnowING IPR)”, Interreg DTP 390,000 EUR (total consortium funding 2,000,000 EUR)
See our research business card for one-page presentation, and our research portfolio for short info on our researchers. To work with us, please write at email@example.com or call +386 (0)59 087900. We are always interested in applying for project calls whose scope broadly aligns with our scientific fields.