Our research activities are guided by belief that key future scientific breakthroughs will come along the interdisciplinary interface between social and computational sciences. Our work cheifly relies on computational modeling, simulation and analysis in fields ranging from natural and data sciences to social and business sciences. Our infrastructure includes a High Performance Computer. We are associated with the PRACE consortium.
Our strong project orientation is reflected in 70% of our budget coming from research funding. We presently run over 20 financed projects. Below listed are projects with funding over 100,000 EUR:
- 2013-2015 “Creative Core: Simulations”. EU and European regional development fund 999,000 EUR.
- 2013-2016 “Complex Networks”. Slovenian research agency 494,000 EUR.
- 2012-2015 “Development of a quality system at FIS”. EU and Slovenian Ministry of Science 243,000 EUR.
- 2015-2018 “Complex Oscillatory Systems: Modeling and Analysis”. H2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie 235,000 EUR (total consortium funding 3,879,000 EUR).
- 2014-2020 “Online support for development of project proposals - S4P”. Slovenian research agency 121,000 EUR.
- 2013-2016 “Unraveling Biological Networks”. Slovenian research agency 120,000 EUR (total consortium funding 150,000 EUR).
We are interested in applying for calls whose scope broadly aligns with our scientific fields. Please express your interest for collaboration at firstname.lastname@example.org.