The Faculty of Information Studies is a member of the Microsoft Azure programme. This programme enables students and faculty staff to download licensed Microsoft programs through the Azure web portal and install these programs on personal computers. Students can use the programs as long as they are enrolled in the faculty and employees during the time of employment at the faculty.
- Frequently asked questions: Azure Dev Tools for Teaching FAQ
- To access the ELMS portal, you need an electronic account on the domain @student.fis.unm.si.
Access to the Microsoft 365 Office cloud package and email account at domain at @student.fis.unm.si
With this account you get access to Office 365 products that contain: 25GB mailbox, 25MB max message size, file sharing. You can sign in here.
Software download process
You download the software via the Azure web portal. The software is downloaded onto your computer as an ISO file. If necessary you can burn the downloaded software to a CD or DVD as an image using optical media writers, such as CDBurnerXP. The product key you need to activate the software is located on the right after clicking on the selected product. There you also have to option to download the product.
Follow these instructions:
Go to the Azure system website and log in with your username and password you received by e-mail.
- You can search or select a program using categories.
- Click on the selected product and a new window with a program description (Activation code and download) will open on the right side.
- The activation code is generated after clicking on it. You use the code when activating the program.
- After clicking on the download, the desired program is downloaded in the form of an ISO file.
- All activation codes are saved in your profile.
You must not share the activation code with anyone, and you can only use it for one installation.
The Faculty of Information Studies in Novo mesto is a member of the eduroam federation of educational networks. Eduroam (education roaming) is an international federation of wireless networks for users in the field of education and research. The user connects to the eduroam network with the same username and password, regardless of the location of this network, both in Slovenia and abroad. All you need to use it is to open your laptop, no matter where it is located – at your home institution or, for example, at the University of Edinburgh. All users accept the rules of permissible use when connecting to the network.
You can read more about the Eduroam network here:http://www.arnes.si/pomoc-uporabnikom/eduroam.html
Instructions on how to connect
You can use the same username and passwords for access to the network as for the student information system, you only have to add @fis.unm.si at the end of the username.
To successfully connect to a wireless network, the device must support TTLS (EAP-TTLS, Microsoft TTLS) or PEAP authentication protocol, encryption mode: AES (WPA2), PAP or MS-CHAPv2 tunnelling protocol.
Use the CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool) installer for eduroam. You can get it at https://cat.eduroam.org/.
Follow the “Eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” link and find FIS – Faculty of Information Studies in Novo mesto. The system first offers the installer suitable for the operating system used on the device you used to access the website. You can download the installer for other supported operating systems via the “All Platforms” link.
If your device is not supported use the following settings:
- Authentication protocol (eap method): TTLS (EAP-TTLS, Microsoft TTLS) or PEAP
- Encryption method: AES (WPA2)
- Tunnelled authentication protocol (phase 2): PAP (if you selected TTLS) or MS-CHAPv2 (if you selected PEAP)
- CA certificate: install the top Arnes CA certificate, available here
- User certificate: leave blank
- User identity: “student information system user name”@fis.unm.si
- Anonymous identity: leave blank
- Password: the password used to access the student information system
Detailed instructions can be found on the official website of the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia – ARNES:
If you need additional information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IBM Bluemix je cloud platforma, kjer poleg platforme za poganjanje vaših aplikacij IBM ponuja tudi preko 100 različnih REST API servisov, od baz podatkov, analitike, Interneta stvari, varnosti, Blockchain in Watsona. To pomeni, da je večina IBM SW, ki ga IBM ponuja v oblaku že na voljo v Bluemixu in jo lahko v sklopu Bluemix brezplačnega računa uporabite.
IBM ponuja dostop za študente preko spletnega portala http://onthehub.com/ibm/
Potrebna je registracija in posredovanje dokaza o statusu študenta.
To storite tako, da na naslovu http://onthehub.com/ibm/ izberite IBM Bluemix.
in desno zgoraj izberete “Register”.
Izberite opcijo, kjer dokažete status z ustreznim dokumentom.
V naslednjem koraku izpolnite polja, skenirajte dokument, ki dokazuje vaš študentski status, ter ga priložite (datoteka ne sme biti večja od 2MB).
Čez dan ali dva dobite na elektronsko pošto obvestilo, da je vaša registracija aktivna.
Ponovno se prijavite na http://onthehub.com/ibm/ter izberite IBM Bluemix in se desno zgoraj vpišete preko “Sign In” s podatki, ki so vam bili posredovani po elektronski pošti.