Computer Science and Web Technologies
The study programme includes courses on the topics of computer science and web technologies, including application lifecycle management, cryptography, user experience, etc. Students are also introduced to the legal aspects of conducting business on the Internet and creating effective business models.
The graduates will obtain:
- Expertise in the field of information technologies (computer science and design, programming, programming languages, web applications, business information systems, working with databases);
- Methodological knowledge of quantitative (statistical) and qualitative research methods;
- Extensive knowledge in the field of social sciences regarding communication on the Internet, knowledge on legal aspects of conducting business on the Internet, and business models for web and mobile applications.
The CSWT programme will be implemented twice to three times a week for the first year.
The study programme is carried out as a part-time mode of study.
The full price list for the academic year 2022/23 can be accessed here.
Enrolment into the first year
The following individuals can be enrolled in the first year of the higher professional study programme Computer Science and Web Technologies:
- Anyone who has completed the matura examination;
- Anyone who has completed the vocational matura examination or final exam in any programme for obtaining secondary education.
The faculty may limit the enrolment if the number of applications significantly exceeds the number of available vacancies. In the case of limited enrolment, the candidates are selected according to the following criteria:
- Overall success at the final exam, vocational matura examination or general matura examination – 60% points,
- Overall score in the third and fourth year of secondary education – 40% points.
Enrolment into the second year
Enrolment directly into the second year of the higher professional study programme of Computer Science and Web Technologies is possible for graduates who have completed a higher professional programme, adopted after 01. 01. 1994 if they meet the conditions for the enrolment into a higher professional study programme. Before enrolling in the third year, the students must pass additional exams in the range of maximum 30 credit points (ECTS) based on recognized differences between programmes. Additional exams are prescribed by the competent authority of the faculty based on the application for enrolment and relevant documents.
Graduates of higher professional programmes in the field of computer science and informatics are prescribed the following additional exams: Mathematics 2, Operation Systems and Web Programming 1.
Graduates of other higher professional programmes are prescribed the following additional exams: Mathematics 2, Operation Systems, Web Programming 1, Introduction to Algorithms and Introduction to Programming.
Enrolment into the third year
Enrolment directly into the third year of the higher professional study programme of Computer Science and Web Technologies is possible for graduates who have completed a higher professional programme, adopted after 01. 01. 1994, and graduates who have completed a post-secondary professional or university education programmes adopted before 11. 06. 2004, if they meet the conditions for the enrolment into a higher professional study programme. Before registering the topic of their diploma thesis, they must pass additional exams in selected subjects from the first and / or second year, which are prescribed by the competent authority of the faculty based on established differences between the programmes:
- If the candidate has completed a post-secondary educational, higher professional or university programme in the fields of computer science and informatics, the competent faculty authority shall prescribe the following additional exams based on application for enrolment: Web Programming 1 and Web Programming 2;
- If the candidate has completed a post-secondary educational, higher professional or university programme in the fields of social science or business informatics, the competent faculty authority shall prescribe the following additional exams based on the application for enrolment: Web Programming 1, Web Programming 2, Operation Systems and Web and Mobile Application Development Life-Cycle;
- If the candidate has completed a post-secondary educational, higher professional or university programme in other fields of study, the competent faculty authority shall prescribe the following additional exams based on the application for enrolment: Introduction to Programming, Introduction to Algorithms, Web Programming 1, Operation Systems, Databases and Data Modelling, Web Programming 2 and Web and Mobile Application Development Life-Cycle.
To advance from the first to the second year, the student must acquire at least 45 ECTS from the first year. To advance from the second to the third year, the student must complete all obligations from the first year in addition to acquiring at least 45 ECTS from the second year. If a student enrols in the second year of the Computer Science and Web Technologies programme (professional) after completing a higher professional programme adopted after 01. 01. 1994, they must pass the prescribed differential exams by the time of enrolment in the third year.
The faculty may allow the student to advance to a higher year, even if the required conditions are not met, in the following circumstances: maternity, prolonged illness, exceptional family or social circumstances, participation in top cultural, sports or professional events.
A student who does not meet the conditions for enrolling in a higher year may repeat a year once during their studies or change their study programme or course due to non-fulfilment of obligations in the previous study programme or course. It is not possible to repeat the third year because an additional year (absolventski staž) is intended for fulfilling the missing obligations.
In accordance with the applicable legislation, a student’s student status may be extended for a maximum of one year if the student:
- Does not enrol in a higher year for justified reasons;
- Does not graduate within 12 months after the end of the last semester for justified reasons;
- Gives birth during their studies.
Depending on their academic achievements, the student may complete the study in a shorter period of time that provided for in the study programme.
In order to finish the studies, the student must successfully complete all study obligations prescribed by the study programme in the range of 180 ECTS.
The student who enrols into the second year after graduating from a higher professional programme adopted after 01. 01. 1994, must complete all prescribed differential exams and regular study obligations from the second and third year in the range of minimum 120 ECTS.
The student who enrols into the third year after graduating from a higher professional programme adopted after 01. 01. 1994, must complete all prescribed differential exams and regular study obligations from the third year in the range of minimum 60 ECTS.
The study ends with the preparation and oral defence of the diploma thesis.
- Ability to perform all phases of web and mobile app development: planning, development, launch, sales, maintenance;
- Ability to understand the requirements of end-users or to identify opportunities for new online services and to convert related content requirements into technical specifications;
- Ability of application of knowledge in practice;
- Development of communication skills in and skills for communicating in the business or international environment;
- Proficiency of research methods, procedures and processes;
- Skill to establish and maintain relationships for teamwork;
- Knowledge of online business models;
- Striving for quality of professional work through autonomy, (self-) criticism, (self-) reflection and (self-) evaluation of the professional work.
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||Elective courses|
|Introduction to Informatics||Information Systems||Research Practice||Methods of Network Analysis|
|Introduction to Programming||Databases and data modelling||Information Support of Business Processes||Algorithms in Computer Science|
|Introduction to Algorithms||Introduction to Cryptography and Spatial Geometry||Web and Mobile Information Systems||High Performance Computing Systems|
|Mathematics 1||Web Programming 2||User Interface Design||Introduction to Modelling and Simulation of Discrete and Continuous Systems|
|Electronic Communication and Literacy||Web and Mobile Application Development Life-Cycle||eEntrepreneurship||Open Source Software for Business|
|Web Programming 1||Knowledge Discovery from Data||Work Practice||Applied Cryptography|
|Computer Networks||User Experience||Work Practice||Geographic Information Systems|
|Operating systems||eLaw||Diploma Thesis||Process Modelling within Organisation using UML|
|Mathematics 2||Elective course 1||The Influence of Information Technology on eBusiness|
|Statistics 1||Elective course 2||Dealing with Information and Knowledge in Organisation|
|Management of Projects|
|Development of Solutions for Small Companies|
|Fundamentals of Document Systems|
|Communication Skills Training|
|Web Communications and Public Relations|
|Web and Mobile Solution Development Project|
|Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems|
|3D Modeling and Animation|
The programme lasts three years and is divided into six semesters. It contains 26 courses, of which 23 are compulsory and three elective. Students also attend a work placement. The programme ends with the preparation and presentation of the diploma thesis.
Introduction to Informatics
Introduction to Programming
Introduction to Algorithms
Electronic Communication and Literacy
Web Programming 1
Databases and data modelling
Introduction to Cryptography and Spatial Geometry
Web Programming 2
Web and Mobile Application Development Life-Cycle
Knowledge Discovery from Data
Elective course 1
Elective course 2
Information Support of Business Processes
Spletni Web and Mobile Information Systems
Elective course 3
ECTS: 6 KT
POVEZAVA NA učni načrt