We would like to inform you that from June 1 2020, the FIS library will start gradually enabling loan, return and reservation of material and interlibrary loan, taking into account the recommendations by the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ) regarding public libraries until the end of the current situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). You can see the recommendations here. Due to the above, the operation of the FIS library will take place to a limited extent and in an adapted manner.
The borrowing and collection of materials will take place as follows:
- The material is ordered or reserved by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: 05 907 51 52 (reservation is also possible via Cobiss+ My Library), whereby the title and the author of the material are provided when ordering;
- After receiving the order, the library prepares the ordered study material and informs the library user (student higher education lecturer, assistant, researcher, technical assistant) about the acceptance of the material;
- The ordered material is picked up at the FIS library on the agreed date. It is necessary to call the library at the specified telephone number before entering it. Entry to the library is possible only during office hours.
The return of the loaned material will take place as follows:
- The library user informs the library by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 05 907 51 52, when they would like to return the loaned material;
- The library user returns the loaned material to the FIS library on the agreed date, whereby it is necessary to call the library at the specified phone number before entering.
Behaviour on the library premises:
- Only healthy people are allowed to enter the library using a protective mask;
- When returning borrowed books, leave them at the designated place when entering the library;
- Be sure to disinfect your hands after returning the borrowed material;
- You may collect the ordered material after returning any previously borrowed material and disinfecting your hands;
- You must observe sneeze and cough hygiene in the library;
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 to 2 metres from each other on the library premises.
Based on the above protocol regarding the loan and return of material, it will also be possible to simultaneously collect and hand over the borrowed material. The library user will first return the material to the designated place in the FIS library, as the returned material must be in mandatory 3-day quarantine. The library user will then collect any pre-ordered material. During the mandatory quarantine period, the returned material will still be registered in the library user’s name, as it will be returned with a reservation. After the 3-day period, the material will be debited and returned to the library collection where it will again be available to library users. According to the NIJZ instructions, the reading room will not be available for use until the end of the current situation.
You can reserve the material and extend its loan period by e-mail: email@example.com or via the Cobiss+ My Library online service. Follow the current notices on the FIS website (Notices-FIS Library).
FIS students have access to information resources that can be accessed via remote access.
We look forward to seeing you again!
The library is intended primarily for our academic staff and students of the Faculty of Information Studies and the School of Advanced Social Studies. It is also open to other users in the fields of science, research and education. Its mission is to provide ongoing study support and additional information to all of its students and educators, and to provide basic literature for research work. In free access, it offers its users basic and newer books and reference material, arranged by basic content groups. There are also databases of articles, abstracts and other texts that can be accessed with a username and password via remote access even from home. In the library, the computer is used to search for material in the library catalog and to browse the Internet.
|Working hours (October – June):||Summer working hours (July, August, September):|
|Monday: od 10:00 do 15:00||Monday: od 10:00 do 15:00|
|Tuesday od 10:00 do 17:00||Tuesday: od 9:00 do 15:00|
|Thursday: od 13:00 do 17:00||Thursday: od 9:00 do 14:00|
|Friday: od 13:00 do 17:00||Friday: od 10:00 do 14:00|
|Wednesday: closed||Wednesday: closed|