August 13–17, 2018; Ohrid, Macedonia
Macedonian Society of Graph Theorists
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Ss. Cyril and Methodius Univ. Skopje, Macedonia)
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies (Ss. Cyril and Methodius Univ. Skopje, Macedonia)
Faculty of Information Studies, Novo mesto, Slovenia
The upcoming 3rd Macedonian Workshop on Graph Theory and Applications will be held in Ohrid, Macedonia, from 13th till 17th August 2018. It aims to bring together graph theorists for a small annual gathering in Ohrid during the month of August every summer.
The scopes of the workshop are topics from:
- Graph theory
- Mathematical chemistry
- Mathematical sociology
- Complex networks
The official language of the workshop is English.
By e-mail to email@example.com.
Until June 10 2018.
|Early registration (until 6th May)||Late registration (until 10th June)|
|Registration fee*||160 €||200 €|
|Registration fee* and accommodation (4BB) in Congress Centre Ohrid|
|1/2 room (lake view)||230 €||270 €|
|single room (mountain view)||260 €||300 €|
|double room (lake view)||290 €||330 €|
*Registration fee covers conference materials, book of abstracts, coffee breaks, conference dinner, boat trip excursion and other social activities.
|Bank||Komercijalna Banka AD Skopje|
|Dr. Boris FurtulaFaculty of Science,University of Kragujevac, Serbia Research interests:-Chemical Graph Theory-Investigation of Molecular Descriptors’ Properties-Theoretical study of electronic structure of polycyclic aromatic compounds|
The venue of the workshop is
Congress Centre Ohrid, http://www.ukim.edu.mk/kc/index_eng.html
Additional information can be found at the following websites
Hotel Granit http://www.hotelgranit.com.mk/.
Hotel Metropol and Hotel Bellevue
Ohrid is a well-known cultural, historical and tourist centre, famous for the beautiful Ohrid Lake – chartered by UNESCO as one of the oldest lakes in the world. The town of Ohrid is often referred to as the Jerusalem of South Europe due to its numerous churches – there once stood 365 churches and monasteries, one for each day of the year. Through the activity of St. Clement of Ohrid, the first pan-Slavonic University in Europe was situated in Ohrid during the 11th century. Even today, the old town area is rich in picturesque houses and monuments. It is about 700 m above sea level. The climate is continental with modest temperatures during the whole year.
Every year from July 12 till August 20, the Ohrid Summer festival, an important cultural event, is held at several venues in the old town http://www.ohridskoleto.com.mk/index.php?lang=en.
Arriving to Ohrid
The town is located approximately 160km southwest of Skopje.
- By plane: The closest airports are St. Paul the Apostle Airport, Ohrid, located 10km from the town centre, and Alexander the Great Airport, Skopje: http://airports.com.mk/default.aspx?ItemID=345.
From Skopje airport you can proceed towards the University Congress Center in Ohrid by bus, rent-a-car or taxi.
- All relevant information about a transfer from Skopje airport to several places in Skopje (including the International/inter-city bus station) by shuttle bus can be found here:
- There is a regular bus connection between Skopje and Ohrid every day. For departures from Skopje you can check here:
- Prices for a taxi from Skopje airport to Skopje can be found here.
- RENT-A-CAR (from the airport)– Contacts can be found here.
- TAXI–Prices for a taxi (from Skopje airport to Ohrid) can be found here.
- By bus: The bus connections between Skopje and Ohrid are available on www.sas.com.mk. University Congress Center is located approximately 6 km from Ohrid’s bus station and a taxi drive to it should cost around 300 denars (5 Euros).
- By train: There is no train connection between Skopje and Ohrid. You can reach Skopje by train and continue to Ohrid by bus, taxi or rent-a-car. Skopje main train station is located next to the International/Inter city bus station. For departures from Skopje you can check here.
- By car: University Congress Center is located approximately 6 km from the center of Ohrid, few hundred meters before Hotel Metropol, on the right hand side of the road. See the maps below. Its address is:
Congress Centre –Ohrid, s. Konjsko, (near Lagadin), 6000 Ohrid
Visas: For official information about visa regime click here.
Organizing and Programme Committee
Vesna Andova, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
Mirko Petruševski, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
Riste Škrekovski, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Faculty of Information Studies, Novo mesto, University of Primorska, Koper, Slovenia
Address of the Organizing Committee
Faculties of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies,
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University,
Ruger Boskovik 18,
1000 Skopje, Macedonia